TEST

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very impressive. Did you do most of your wins with Bearded Collies?

I trained Schutzhund dogs along with a number of police K9s, for a number of years till my wife got pregnant. The dog I was training at the time wasn't a good fit so he went to a new handler, I sold my equipment and got a gun dog. Just wasn't worth it.

Cavaliers, have to say I didn't see that coming. Pekinese, Papillon, Maltese, yes but the CKC I didn't expect. Though given their personality and temperament I get why you have them. Great pics keep posting them.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
No most wins where Pekinese and a chow. I think copper got 4 Best in shows. I think the cavalier is like a golden in temperament, but in a body you can pick up.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All the Caviliers I've met have that same kind of temperament. Cute and sweet I totally get their appeal.

That's still an extremely impressive number of best in shows regardless of breed.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Looks are everything" Bob at one time I believed that. I breed for temperament above all else now, then health, looks now last. I lost interest in dog shows when my partner died. My kennel stonybrook has over 80 best in show wins. In the early 80s had a bearded collie call name was copper. I don't think copper ever lost the breed, rare when he didn't win the group, Went Best in show a few times. Everyone in bearded collies bred to him. Copper had no problem biting, everyone who wanted to bred to him was told this. no one cared he was such a prefect looking dog. I would guess over half the puppies he shired had to be put to sleep for bad temperament. Today I will take a dog with faults and good temperament over a dog that is picture of breed standard that bites.
When I said " looks are everything" I was refering it for a business property as I was viewing your photo of your front yard . In Real Estate , business property as well as in housing, LOCATION , LOCATION, LOCATION is number one then comes what is called CURB APPEAL . These are what draws in the customer first as in the mind of the customer ... they see that the business person has pride and great care in his/her product , then comes the appeal of the product itself one is marketing. :old

Latest posts