The Average American Gardener

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am sure glad to know I am average, I feel like Ive moved up LOL. Average except for the amount of money spent that is, We are way over on that! This is our first year though and we are spending a little more getting set up, so we will catch up in a season or two. Now if the sun would come out so we can grow our investment that will be nice.
I enjoyed reading the graph thanks for posting it!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MAde me go add up my garden space to see where I stand. Mine is a little odd though, not sure how to figure it exactly.

I have 223 sq ft exclusively for veggies. I have 264 sq ft mixed use, this includes annual veggies, flowers and mixed with bushes bulbs and herbs. Then I have 9 fruit trees at the back half of our property along with 2 grape vines I didn't factor in their space. I also have a 6' x 6' tiered bed that is planted on 3 levels. It includes iris, and then I only do over wintered onions in there as well... not used during the summer months. Which leaves a 4x4 bed that has a bird feeder post in it and some sunflowers coming up to use as future bird food. So I guess that's considered a crop and an additional 16 sq ft for the above numbers.

I'm so multi-use on things I don't just have negated space for food only. Guess that still puts me at average!? :p Or above average... or just plain crazy! HAHAHA

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL, me too...I have a patch here, a patch there... I told my hubby, time all is said and done, he'll have very little grass left to mow! :D

Latest posts