The Bargain in Garden Hose

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
0003441160392_180X180.jpg

While far from the cheapest at $37.47 for a 100' section it's a real bargain. You can pick it up at WalMart in the Garden section. I've had one section for over 7 years now and it has survived freezing and boiling. It rarely kinks. The manufacturer is so convinced of it's superiority that it has a lifetime warranty. Send them the end pieces of the hose and they'll replace it.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
COOL ... thanks for the tip. In the long run it will be cheaper than replacing mediocre hoses every two or three years.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were given a hose (as a gift---that's another story) that is so stiff and tough I get worn out trying to use it. I know it was expensive, because the gifter makes it a point to buy "the best" which to him means the most expensive. I don't know what brand it is, but I sure wouldn't want another one! OldGuy, is the one you speak of especially stiff?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bought a pocket hose from the informercial. It is lightweight and so easy to move around. It does not seem as if it will hold up very long. It may be worth it for the lightness and ease of use.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a couple of those pocket hoses. He said they were great, but one of them soon developed a blowout. He returned it to Bigmart and got it replaced, but he doesn't expect it to last very long either. Maybe in a year or two the maker will develop a little tougher skin for them. Looks like a great idea.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
We always use Sears hoses as they carry a lifetime warrantee. We have had 2 or 3 replaced for free when they sprung a leak.
Ditto sears is very good about replacing. What I like is the hose is marked craftman so I don.t need the receipt to return.