Thistle Do you Have Sweet Summer Clematis?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went to nursery where I picked up sweet summer, a few of the ones for sale where in flower. I think your going to really this clematis its color is much deeper then the photo.

:weee I am ridiculously excited about seeing them bloom!
Maybe mine will set some flowers this year.

Right now I'm sitting in my little picket garden with my coffee and netbook and enjoying the clematis on the fence. Some are done, and some still have a few blooms, and the one on the arbor over the window is just getting started.
Aren't clematis just the sweetest vines? :love

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a smaller flowered ,pink very heavy flowering. I think it might be a montana rubens? It didn't have a label, but was in flower at nursery. This clematis started out in england, where I then planted in Westport ct. When my ex sold the house was the only plant dug up and took. Now it is in Largrange ny. Who knows where it might live next LOL

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woman at the nursery was very nice, there was this bright blue shrub in flower ever where. I wanted to bring one back. Lady told me go get a branch, said don't worry our bobbys are not fast runners!!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I bet it's beautiful in bloom. What a lot of memories we can pack into a plant!

I love them all, but an extra special favorite of mine is "Confetti". Little pink pagoda shaped bells.

picket garden august 021.JPG

Latest posts