Thought of TEG Cat Owners

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow! I've been around cats my entire life and never met or heard of a cat that winked! I have seen a cat that mimicked bird sounds which was pretty amazing!
Well, I'm semi sure that, near the end of her life, our previous cat was working out how to say "hello" (and no we weren't teaching her).

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
You CAN train a cat, but don't expect dog results! :lol:
One of the mean girls, Mynx, rakes on my wooden door frame by the side door when she wants to go out. I have Tried spraying her with water, too cold right now and that would be cruel.
I started to ask her, "can you say, Please?"
It has been working and this morning I walked over to see her by the side door, she asked, "please," and I opened the door and let her out.
Btw, Troll Bridge has stopped caterwalling now that he has a buddy, though you wouldn't think so watching him with Digby.
We have heard him comment, "I now Know what Pyg meant (regarding Eva as a new puppy,) when she reminded us that Wednesday is garbage day.
:eek::eek::eek:
I really think he likes Digby, who threw himself into a frenzed playtime in front of Troll Bridge yesterday evening hoping to illicit a true playtime. I could Swear that Troll Bridge was teasing Digby with his very long and very fuzzy tail!
I was concerned that the friend didn't know how to properly sex kittens, but I am Sure Digby is a boy.
He is largely unafraid, doesn't want to hide under any beds, jumps from spot to spot, and has taken a couple of tumbles and brushed himself off afterwards, instead of cried.
Digby won the new owner lottery.
So has DD. Her sister was holding Digby last night, eldest DD walked by and stopped to pet Digby, who immediately started to purr.
True love. :love

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Quick question.

I know what it means when a cat blinks at you (they trust/love you). Does anyone know what a wink means? My current cat winks at me from time to time (and not in a manner that indicates his eye is itchy or hurting.) Does he actually understand the human gesture, or does it mean something else in cat?

might have to ask the Prrrivate Investigativvvvve organisation Blinkin, Winkin and Nodd to look into it. They take payments in CatNippsDigitalTokens...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You CAN train a cat, but don't expect dog results! :lol:
One of the mean girls, Mynx, rakes on my wooden door frame by the side door when she wants to go out. I have Tried spraying her with water, too cold right now and that would be cruel.
I started to ask her, "can you say, Please?"
It has been working and this morning I walked over to see her by the side door, she asked, "please," and I opened the door and let her out.
Btw, Troll Bridge has stopped caterwalling now that he has a buddy, though you wouldn't think so watching him with Digby.
We have heard him comment, "I now Know what Pyg meant (regarding Eva as a new puppy,) when she reminded us that Wednesday is garbage day.
:eek::eek::eek:
I really think he likes Digby, who threw himself into a frenzed playtime in front of Troll Bridge yesterday evening hoping to illicit a true playtime. I could Swear that Troll Bridge was teasing Digby with his very long and very fuzzy tail!
I was concerned that the friend didn't know how to properly sex kittens, but I am Sure Digby is a boy.
He is largely unafraid, doesn't want to hide under any beds, jumps from spot to spot, and has taken a couple of tumbles and brushed himself off afterwards, instead of cried.
Digby won the new owner lottery.
So has DD. Her sister was holding Digby last night, eldest DD walked by and stopped to pet Digby, who immediately started to purr.
True love. :love
Ducks, the new kitten looks like a tortiseshell to me, with the somewhat limited view of his squirmy little body in your video. If so, I know you know that a male tortie would be a rare happening. How about another pic of him/her?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Digby, 01-26-24.jpg

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
might have to ask the Prrrivate Investigativvvvve organisation Blinkin, Winkin and Nodd to look into it. They take payments in CatNippsDigitalTokens...
Did you know cat can eat a little catnip mixed into their food. It apparently helps to deter fleas but it definitely helps them to relax

Latest posts