Thought you might enjoy a deer story

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Woman that bred them, said they were not for just anyone. The shyness of the wolf is evident. She was the only one who could get in the wolves pen to feed them. I question why anyone would want one.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red every thing I have read on wolf hybrids is they do not make good pets. Hybrids are 1/4 to 1/2 wolf, some people are even asking to make them illegal to own. Special fencing needed. Did you know yours was a wolf hybrid when first obtaining ? Do you agree or disagree about them being pets?
Perhaps they are not good pets in general, but if not, we got darned lucky with our Timbra. She was such a good pet. She bonded most with Rob (abt. 5 YO) and was almost always at our son's side, never snapped or even growled (I wouldn't have a pet who did that) when food or a treat was taken away. She never ran toward strangers, preferring to stand beside us when people arrived. She didn't make a fuss over visitors, but stayed near Rob or one of us as polite as she could be.

We got her from someone who had advertised in the local paper. And we chose to visit his farm and observe his animals before we brought her home as a 9-week old puppy. Her worst problems were bringing home buckets of cat food from the neighbor to the West and pig, deer, bags of chips, and even one huge carp from neighbors to the East. Neither neighbor complained they didn't get along with her. The neighbor to the West was also Rob's babysitter the half days he wasn't in school. We did return her ice cream buckets sans cat food.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I actually knew a guy that did something a little similar with a deer. Hit one with his truck~on purpose, mind you~because it had a big rack. Found out it wasn't dead, only stunned, so loaded it up in the truck and took it home. Tied it to the front porch with the intention of coming out later and shooting it with an arrow so he could claim it as a "bow kill".

Well, he decided to sit down to a meal first.

Big crashing noise, family ran out to discover the deer had come to and took off, taking down the porch post with it and half the porch roof, trailing that rope. On occasion someone would see that buck with a piece of rope around its neck for a couple of years after that....would have loved to see the look on the hunter's face who finally killed that deer, would have been priceless.

That family were never known for having an excess of grey matter between the ears. :rolleyes:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I read of a fellow who, as I recall, hit a deer put it in the back of his station wagon, it came to and after slamming around in the back came forward and bit him on the neck. He got out of the car, closed the door as the deer smashed the car, a dog began to threaten him so he backed up into a telephone booth, and called (911) That's it I heard it on the radio.

If i can find it I'll post it. Thanks Beekissed.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not one discernible, clear, intelligible sentence out of the man...think he was drunk or high? One would have to be, wouldn't they, to pull a stunt like that? o_O

Latest posts