Today's sun set/rise around the world

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I don't know what a snappy walk is but a slow jog is faster than a brisk walk. I think the beach is close to 2 miles from my house. Jogging to and fro without stopping takes me 30 minutes. The perfect cardio workout. I once jogged on the beach with my daughter. Never again, talk about it being hard to do. I could barely breathe!

You can see the San Francisco skyline to the right of the sunset. During our heat waves (90 degrees) we like to pack our dinner and have it at the beach where it's cool and refreshing.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think a snappy walk might be what my grandma did when she was 90.
A mile in 12 minutes. That was with a hip implant and a pace maker.

It takes me 35 minutes to gimp around the 2.5 mile neighborhood gravel road loop. I guess that makes me slower than my grandma. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary 's West Coast winter sunset was a good picture to end this thread but I am missing sunrise/sunset pictures, this year :cool:.

The sky here is a mess right now. I believe that there are 3 fires within about 35 miles and of several hundred acres each. They are still not contained after days of burning. Still, the sky at sunrise was interesting, yesterday.

No, I don't mean just a red sun. It was the western sky that would have been worth a picture. The light filtering through the smoke was reflected back from the clouds in the West in lovely pastel shades.

It would have been strange to begin this thread after nearly a half year break by showing the sky looking away from the sunrise. What do you think, @Kassaundra , should we begin here again or start a new sunrise and sunset thread?

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this thread lately too. It seems the most dramatic displays are when we have storms rolling through. Not much drama in a plain blue sky.
Or a plain smoky gray sky as we've had lately.

We had some neighborhood drama this weekend with the Cape Horn fire 10 miles east of me. Some wild rumors and a black and menacing bank of smoke had some of us laying hose and packing bug out bags. Kid#1 is fighting that one, which seems to be burning less intensely as of today. Thank God, but 6 homes were lost, and I feel for those folks.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not my sunset, this photo was posted on FaceBook July 4th.
1891171_648151998604958_7998990470877862217_n.jpg

Taken by Earl Dibbles Jr.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've barely seen the sun in over a month! :hit

Did see a cool peachy-red colored full moon last week when smoke from wildfires in Canada wafted down this way though.

Latest posts