Tree tunnels

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is the saying? The only day better than today to plant a tree, was yesterday. Smart Red that does look like a quiet, neat place. I can see why the kids enjoy it!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red I love it looks like a place elfs would live
I'm not sure about the elfin visitors, but judging from the path floor, plenty of deer, turkey, and raccoons find the place to their liking.

When we bought this land, the trees were barely knee-high. Now they tower over the power lines. 37 years of growing have brought the path to this point, but I can see a dim future for these large trees now at their expected height.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, I love that path! I remember as a maybe 4yr old. playing under a shrub that just cascaded all around you and it was like a small cave inside. You were protected from the wind and I just loved playing there. Don't know what kind it was.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We also have a weeping cherry. Once under its protection the world disappears. Gypsy and my older granddaughter used the understory for their housekeeping. Child-sized stove, table, chairs, and a bed made for a super children's home.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Agreed I love it too. A place like that to let your imagination run wild? What more could you ask for?

Bay's right (and we know she NEVER gets tired of hearing that) but folks I think had the vision to do some of these amazing things knowing they may never see the fruits of their labor.

So my fellow tree obsessed brother from another mother NyBoy let's get digging! ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love your cedar grove Red. I bet the fragrance is fantastic after a summer rain. It's wonderful that you get to see them as mature trees.

My parents planted tons of trees at every house we lived in, but unfortunately none of them ever got big enough to climb or play in before we moved.

We're all grateful for the folks who planted trees that they would likely never see in their full glory.

My mom gave me a giant sequoia tree about 8 years ago.
This isn't the ideal climate and it struggles through winters, but every year it looks better and it is growing.

Maybe my great grandkids can play underneath it someday.

Latest posts