UPDATE, I'm gonna go for it!!!!!!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
countrygirl4513 said:
Just wanted to update.
My strawberries...they ALL took! Once Ison's finally got them here, they were fantastic slips. I had already worked the ground, made semi raised beds, covered it with landscape fabric, mulched the aisles with pine mulch, so I was ready to go when they arrived. The ground had a chance to warm up and the soil was great. I set them around 2 1/2 weeks ago and I checked them the other day... BAM!!! they all had shoots on them! I nipped them off so the roots could concentrate on growing, so I guess I'll be the first in my area to try this fall plant. Everyone thinks I'm nuts but I hope to be the one saying HA HA! come spring time.
Well around here is it common to see strawberries planted now. There is a pick ur own farm that plants every october, and then puts all the fruit into hoop houses when they call for freezes! They only do June bearing, and they rip them out after one season of producing. Oh well.... Such YUMMY berries!!!

Now were your types June bearing or Ever bearing or neutral?! I didn't look them up.

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Hi,

This post confuses me everyday this week! Every time I look down the list of new topics and updated discussion I see "I am going to go for it" .....and in all my aged brain cells I can never remember what it is that you are going to "go for".

So everyday, several times a day, I click in here and say "oh that's right, strawberries" LOL ... my poor brain ! :old

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come? I always knew my days would end wandering in a garden, now I really get it! :frow

Ron
that happened to me with a post a few weeks back. but i dont remember which one. or what it was about~

countrygirl4513

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem, one of each. Sweet Charlie-June bearing
Chandler- Everbearing

Round here, they don't dig'em up, we let them winter over. Of course, they till back the runners after production. My parents always mowed them back after production. Like I've said this is a 1st for me and the neighbors, usually no one puts them out except in the spring, and then they pinch back blooms. But that means waiting till the next year for berries. Hopefully this fall plant means I'll have berries the 1st year.

Latest posts