WATER LEAK!!!

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My husband woke up at about 2:00am on Sunday, he heard the sound of water running through the pipes... Went out to find our front yard ankle deep in water, and a nice stream of water running down our street as far as we could see!!

He told me to prepare my garden for "demolition." Well, I thought, a four foot area going from the water meter to the house would be enough... Was I ever wrong! Many of my poor plants are now burried! But that might be a good thing, at least it will hold in some moisture as we are to get up to 109 this week!

Here is a comparison photo.

7 21 2014 Comparison 01 email.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no, sorry to hear that. The nice thing about gardens is that we can start all over if we have too. Will you recreate what you had or try something new?

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Count your blessings that it was not in your house! A garden is a whole lot easier to fix than a house!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a mess. (Not the best way to add extra moisture to the garden though!) Anyway, now you can play in the new dirt! With what you liked and adding what you want. :hugs

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What an awful experience, @rebbetzin! I, too, would be heartbroken to see all that work and well-growing plants be destroyed.

As some mentioned, there are worse things that could have happened, but when I happens to you, it is hard to see the silver lining right away.

Any perennials under the mess of mud should survive once you have time to find and replant them. Annuals are most likely lost. Could you add the plant costs to the insurance bill for the pipe repair work and get some things replaced for the rest of the summer?

Best of luck to you. You are in my thoughts :hugs. I hope things look better soon.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh no, sorry to hear that. The nice thing about gardens is that we can start all over if we have too. Will you recreate what you had or try something new?

Mary

Well, I had just planted some low water use plants in that area, so, I will attempt to put it back the way it was. I have a pathway of artificial turf in the front yard, so I am limited a bit by the pathway I made years ago.

Latest posts