Weather

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another miserable day here. Cold with high winds and blowing snow. UGH. Lavender it looks like we have very similar weather this week.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
School was closed again today. We got about 2 inches of snow over night. The temps are supposed to drop down to -3 for tonight... and 13 for the high tomorrow. Then we will be back to normal temperatures next week..... I hope

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two days with no school due to cold temps and wind-chill. Today there is a 2-hour delay, mostly because of the blowing and drifting that took place yesterday and last night.

I fear we are raising a population of wusses. They don't have the proper clothing for our Wisconsin weather because they never have to brave cold temperatures. It is house to car or bus to school to car or bus to home. God forbid something happens to their transportation and they have to walk to the nearest warm spot.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two days with no school due to cold temps and wind-chill. Today there is a 2-hour delay, mostly because of the blowing and drifting that took place yesterday and last night.

I fear we are raising a population of wusses. They don't have the proper clothing for our Wisconsin weather because they never have to brave cold temperatures. It is house to car or bus to school to car or bus to home. God forbid something happens to their transportation and they have to walk to the nearest warm spot.

I think we have been spoiled by the warmer winters over the last couple of decades. My mom recounts going to school in snow 2' deep. That is unheard of here now except for the mountains. Average winter low for my area is 15 degrees. We've broken that low several times over the last couple of years. Plants that were considered winter hardy here now sometimes are not.

Being that small children don't tolerate the cold as well, I've been conscious of the need to carry extra gloves, hats and blankets in my car now and make sure we are all properly bundled up upon leaving the house. Heaven forbid I get stranded with the kids out at the farm, but if we do, gotta make that long walk to the neighbor's tolerable.

Warmed up to 25 here today and sunny, but the wind is making the house cold again. It wasn't that chilly with yesterday morning's low of 0 and NO wind. Back down to 5 for tonight... DH is happy about the ground being frozen so he can easily get the truck in where he needs to cut firewood tomorrow.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was a crazy week here. School busses (Diesel) do NOT like the cold. No school Mon. still on winter break, Late start Tuesday. Buss issues, No school Wednesday (-45 windchill) Reg. school hours Thursday but major issue with jelling busses again. Got kids to school somehow, many very late. 2 hr. late start Friday. So glad this week was over. Standing out to fuel the busses the wind and cold really hurt any exposed skin. May be 20 degrees Sunday. A HEAT wave. :)

Latest posts