Well, It ain't purty.......

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
.....but, I reckon, it'll have to do. It's REALLY hard coming across a bunch of discarded windows that are the same size. So, sometimes, you just have to use what ya got....and make do.
January 1st is seed starting time for a lot of plants (and ya'll know...I got a LOT of seeds to start), for my zone, and I needed a cold frame....FAST.
OK...get ready to laugh.

6615_1228.jpg

6615_1227.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, it looks great Boggy! What are the tall side "things"/panels on the sides? Did you need them that tall? Perhaps their height is what makes it look alittle odd. Other than that, I'd say it looks "purty good". :)

Mary

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Mary,
The side panels are glass sliding doors from a shower unit. I put them on the ends cause they had handles....in case I needed to reposition it. I didn't have two windows for the ends, so.......

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Collector said:
Looks like it will work great. Neccesity is the mother of invention as they say!
Absolutely and if you use your imagination.....you can, just about, "manufacture" anything you need for next to nothing. Just watch what people "trash out" and don't be afraid to stop and "scarf" it up.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Collector said:
Looks like it will work great. Neccesity is the mother of invention as they say!
Absolutely and if you use your imagination.....you can, just about, "manufacture" anything you need for next to nothing. Just watch what people "trash out" and don't be afraid to stop and "scarf" it up.
I'm all for reuse, My name is collector LOL

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks great- you will love having that! My Dh used to say my cold frames looked like shanty town! Every wooden container and window I could find, did duty as a cold frame! Hoping my new bus stop/green house keeps things looking a little less shanty-ish! You will be way ahead of the game with a cold frame. I predict in the very near future you will be adding a few more! Happy Gardening!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is great. Over half of our chicken coop is made of recycled wood, windows and tin from an old barn. It looks great too.

Latest posts