What are You Listening to?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow... relaxing. I've been trying to get my heart rate down for days, and that works. Maybe that will help me to sleep better.

we call it sleepy time music. :)

Weird blip @ 22:00 though, like a record scratch.

oh darn! maybe it got corrupted somehow. i don't actually download it each time i play it - my copy came from a cd that my first massage therapist used for her sessions, we bought it and then i found the link on youtube.

P.S. A couple 3-hour relaxing videos appeared as links at the end.

:) one of them might have flowing water sounds in it... if i put it on right now i would be very tempted into going back to sleep... Zzzz...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, I began my exercise by listening to a different oldies station (KOOL-FM).

It started by playing a song that lifted my spirits altho, for completely the wrong reasons as this ⬇️ immediately came to mind.

zGilbert.jpg

:)

But no, I didn't want to feel alone on the 6th nor be humored too much by the meme. Went back to Pandora and had a little dose of Jeff Beck. I feel that there is quite a bit of "catching up" that I could do with Jeff. And, with the anniversary of his death one year ago this week, it might be a good time to do that. It was something that I was trying to do a few years ago when a smart phone was fairly new and I could carry it in my shirt pocket for listening. Catch up. It's available and memories of music have limits -- I'm no Ludwig van

digitS'
;).

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i put Christmas music on again this morning. just to see if i could get Mom to laugh (she usually does, but i'm also an instigator :) )... it took her a few minutes before she heard it.

i also put it on sometime in July-August to remind us of cooler chimes...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't been listening to much music lately, other than Christmas songs from the church choir (which I really enjoy). Started singing lately more than listening, mostly the songs from Moody Blues, Gordon Lightfoot, Bread, and a few songs of my own which take me back to better times.

But when I do listen to music, I find myself drawn to classic rock... Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nazareth, Kansas, Heart, James Gang. Jeff Beck actually sounds like a great idea - thanks @digitS' .

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't been listening to much music lately, other than Christmas songs from the church choir (which I really enjoy). Started singing lately more than listening, mostly the songs from Moody Blues, Gordon Lightfoot, Bread, and a few songs of my own which take me back to better times.

But when I do listen to music, I find myself drawn to classic rock... Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Nazareth, Kansas, Heart, James Gang. Jeff Beck actually sounds like a great idea - thanks @digitS' .

some of those i also have here for regular listening. i don't normally listen to the radio.

the 70s were so great for music. Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Queen, Bob Seger, Rush, Dire Straights, ABBA (grin), Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Police, Steve Miller Band, Simon and Garfunkle, Blood Sweat and Tears, Cat Stevens, The Cowsills, Jim Croce, Chicago, Harry Chapin, Jackson Browne, Mamas and the Pappas, Marillion, The Kinks, The Platters, The Who, Three Dog Night, Journey, and of course Willie Nelson... (probably others i should list too, but these are what are in my music collection here which also includes classical music and some other things)

ok, i know i snuck a few in from years before the 70s and maybe after too (Echo and the Bunnymen i didn't meet until i went to college and my first roommate was into punk rock and jazz).

but since i was looking i just thought i'd list what i was seeing as i went by. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
some of those i also have here for regular listening. i don't normally listen to the radio.

the 70s were so great for music. Moody Blues, Jethro Tull, Queen, Bob Seger, Rush, Dire Straights, ABBA (grin), Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd, Police, Steve Miller Band, Simon and Garfunkle, Blood Sweat and Tears, Cat Stevens, The Cowsills, Jim Croce, Chicago, Harry Chapin, Jackson Browne, Mamas and the Pappas, Marillion, The Kinks, The Platters, The Who, Three Dog Night, Journey, and of course Willie Nelson...
A lot of the music you listen to is my kind of music 🎶
(probably others i should list too, but these are what are in my music collection here which also includes classical music and some other things)

ok, i know i snuck a few in from years before the 70s and maybe after too (Echo and the Bunnymen i didn't meet until i went to college and my first roommate was into punk rock and jazz).

but since i was looking i just thought i'd list what i was seeing as i went by. :)

Latest posts