What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going to the nursery any day now to get some more berries. One never knows what kinds they'll have, but I have realistic hopes for a Black Jewel Raspberry and a Marionberry, and some other good or unusual one.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
More strawberries went in yesterday. Today I replanted a couple more Brussels sprouts to replace the ones that didn't make it through the week. All the tomatoes got bigger pots and everything in trays went outside in the mini greenhouse. So much space in the living room now! And I planted spinach, snow peas and regular peas. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Main concern right now are the 50 cells of late maturing pole dry beans.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally I get to answer that question!

Today I cleaned and prepped one of my 13 raised garden beds. I plant in blocks rather than rows and I plant intensively. In my 5 X 10 bed (#8), I planted White Lisbon bunching onions: Salad Bowl loose leaf lettuce:' American Flag' leeds, 'Little Finger' carrots: 'French Breakfast', 'Salad Rose', and 'Sparkle'r radishes: 'Grand Rapids' leaf lettuce: 'Bloomsdale Long' spinach: 'Red Dragon' carrots: 'Reflect' spinach: Red and green kohlrabi: 'Bloomsdale Savoy' spinach: 'Sweetness II' carrot: and 'Iceberg' lettuce.

If we get the wash out being predicted (3-5 inches in two days), there may be a serendipitous mixture of veggies. Frankly, I wouldn't care except for hoping to save seed. To do that I have to know what is what.

Anyway, the plantings should get a good start this year.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted Violet's Multicolored Butterbeans today. I will rush out there in the morning to see if they have come up yet! :thumbsup

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Violet's Multicolored Butterbean. Those'll be beautiful. Sure hope ya save a good assortment for seed!

Best check with a flashlight at midnight to see if any sprouted yet!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted over 100 square feet of Lillia bunching onions and Red Beret bulb onions.

There was a need for some of the Walla Walla Sweets to finish out the bed.

Got started preparing another bed because - there are lots more onions.

Steve

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Planted 5 rows of okra, 36 tomato plants, squash, Kentucky Wonder pole beans, Beurre De Rocquencourt wax beans, lemon cukes, and a pickiling cuke I can't remember the name of right now. I still have about 17 pepper plants that have aphids which I can't seem to get rid of. :rolleyes:

Latest posts