What Are You Planting Today, This Week, This Month?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Transplanted celery into cups. I am not sure if they will transplant, but I did not disturb the roots on all of them. I started more celery seed just in case. I planted Utah and Curled celery. I have some kale and cabbage hardened off outside. I have others under plastic outside. I will have to start transplanting peppers and tomatoes.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted sugar snap peas and fava beans in one of the raised beds today. I've never eaten fava beans, but the description sounded really yummy, so I'm going to give them a try.

Just getting my tomatoes, peppers and eggplants started indoors today. Has taken me forever to sit down to it. I've had a crazy busy couple of weeks. Still have 8 weeks til last frost, so it's all good.

I wintersowed 6 more jugs today. These have columbines, lupines, cilantro, morning glories, blackeyed susan vine, and collards in them. Most of my other jugs started a week or two ago already have things sprouting in them. :clap The brassicas, lettuce, alyssum and poppies were the first to come up.

DH cut down my 2 big apple trees today because they had fireblight that had gone into the scaffold limbs. I hated to lose them since my other apple tree is not mature yet, but I was actually happy to have that space opened up. They were too close together and too close to the little red barn anyway. Now I am going to build a swing out there and a picnic table too. It's right beside where we have our campfires. Gonna be a nice place to sit.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was one of those rare days when the weather cooperates AND I have energy. I was able to get my kale, chard, broccoli and cabbage plants put in the ground today, along with some holly hocks I had started from seed.
Also, since the birds apparently ate most of the peas that survived the flood and snow, I replanted some of those.
I dismantled the low tunnel today, and did some general cleanup. Later, I realized I should have saved the agribon, even tho it is pretty nasty. I can cut the clean part out (the center that wasn't buried in the mud) and use it to cover the cole crops when I see the first white cabbage moth. So I need to drag that mess out of the trash.
Oh, and my bargain of the day: I went to Lowes this AM to get some t-posts to finish my garden expansion. They had 7' heavy-duty t-posts marked down to $1.59, from normal price of $7.59. I should have bought all they had!
So I'm tired, but feel I got a few things accomplished.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is not quite planting season in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. Here is the view from my computer room window. Drats! The camera won't transfer photos.

Anyway, from the window I can see a wonderland of white carpeting the ground, hugging the tree limbs, and dusting the evergreen boughs.

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had a nice spring break with 2 inches of rain. DH furrowed (we use a human-powered Hoss wheeled hoe) and laid irrigation for the corn field. I will plant it early this week.

upload_2015-3-22_21-34-40.jpeg

In another field I planted out 75 various broccoli, kale, chard, cabbage, mustard, cauliflower plants I had started in the greenhouse . It was really muddy.

upload_2015-3-22_21-36-48.jpeg

I potted up all the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants into larger pots. There might be one more potential light freeze one night this week so I'll plant them out after that.

upload_2015-3-22_21-35-2.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-22_21-34-33.jpeg
    upload_2015-3-22_21-34-33.jpeg
    328.2 KB · Views: 195

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today was one of those rare days when the weather cooperates AND I have energy. I was able to get my kale, chard, broccoli and cabbage plants put in the ground today, along with some holly hocks I had started from seed.
Also, since the birds apparently ate most of the peas that survived the flood and snow, I replanted some of those.
I dismantled the low tunnel today, and did some general cleanup. Later, I realized I should have saved the agribon, even tho it is pretty nasty. I can cut the clean part out (the center that wasn't buried in the mud) and use it to cover the cole crops when I see the first white cabbage moth. So I need to drag that mess out of the trash.
Oh, and my bargain of the day: I went to Lowes this AM to get some t-posts to finish my garden expansion. They had 7' heavy-duty t-posts marked down to $1.59, from normal price of $7.59. I should have bought all they had!
So I'm tired, but feel I got a few things accomplished.

:ep Wow, awesome price! Lowest I've seen them go around here was $4-something at TSC. I wouldn't have thought to check Lowes.

Looking good, @flowerweaver ! :thumbsup

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Hardly anything YET! I planted 25 daffodills that wintered in their package in the garage and had sprouted 1/2 inch tips. Put in a few more onions that had sprouted in the kitchen.
DD and DID start to saw down one of our weed trees. We have three of them, and they've tried to die but then come back. Saturday, we took down 7 big limbs, and then used his Dodge Cummins 3500 and a heavy duty chain to drag them out to my Salsa Party bonfire spot. They're gonna burn REAAALLLLL GOOOODDD!!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Been moving a couple of perennials and laying chips over everything to help with watering/drought.

Need to find Hillbilly and Japanese Black Triefle this weekend. All my other tomatoes in the ground are growing and starting to flower!

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought of @flowerweaver 's picture of dirt covered digits, yesterday. It was potting soil for me and I was back at it, today.

I had hoped to transplant all the first sowing of tomatoes out of their community containers and into 4-packs but some weren't quite ready to move. Most were!

Today I continued on to asters, statice and strawflowers. Lots of standing and dinking around with tiny, tiny plants. I allowed DW to move the super tiny snapdragons.

Right now, I'm thinking about moving a stool into the greenhouse rather than standing frozen in one place for the next round. Might need several hours of cultivation work in the garden tomorrow to recover ...

Steve