What did YOU do in your garden today :P

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Umm...thistle, can't you clean your tools during the winter. I mean, what else are you going to do?

Mary

Hahaha! Oh Mary, you're so cute!
It's like, so cold out there, you know?

I will not be bringing a dozen or more rakes, shovels, hoes, rakes or shovels or rakes into the living room so I can clean them by the cozy woodstove. Hand tools maybe.

I'll just have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs until spring I guess......

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now Thistle, if I was you....I would bring in a tool a day and clean it by that cozy woodstove. It might make your life a little more enjoyable during those long cold winter days. Surely you can spare an hour a day from looking at all those seed catalogs and taking naps?

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like that idea, Mary.

Unfortunately for my tools, they have had so many years of neglect ... I wish I'd thought of that one/day, many winters ago.

I've decided to use the carport to build fence panels this winter. I hope I'm not just saying that and will just come shivering back into the house after a few tries.

Yesterday, I carried the better shovel over to a bed where I'd like to bury the fall compostables. Bang! I must have penetrated at least an inch before the shovel hit frozen ground.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary check your mail every day. You should be getting the first shovel any day now. Going to the post office every day should keep me from boredom and I can do it between naps.
tee hee smiley.gif

@digitS I ran into the same result yesterday. I found a foxglove I had purchased late in the season and had put in the bed in the spot I intended to plant it, then got distracted and wandered away. I found it again yesterday and thought I'd better get it in the ground, especially since it had turned so warm and the snow melted off.
One jump on the shovel and I put it away. My foot is still vibrating.
That foxglove is now tucked in under a pile of bark until spring.

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picked up mulch to finish the asparagus bed. Also, picked up the onion sets (4 bundles)... I was told that the supplier was so late due to it being too wet to harvest them. I will get them planted tomorrow.

Latest posts