What Did You Do In Your Garden Today?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
After a few more small loads of clay soil for the walkways, I GOT TO THE NETTING!

<<< WAY TOO PROUD OF SELF for that. :)

The net work so far is just tying each section back in place, knots about a foot apart.

Got almost the whole main section of the garden's net cover back in place, worked on it to past 6 pm.

Next will be the back section, but we do have a small rain coming in.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got the rows together and did some clean up on them today. Got most of the posts in. I have a few more to go in and get the trellis up. I'll be growing the green beans, mini pumpkins, melons ect up those trellis to the west side of the garden. The 4 foot rows on the east side will be corn, sorghum and sun flowers! :)

You can see the garlic bed in the foreground going strong.

5842_garden_rows1.jpg

And look... its even cat approved!!!

5842_garden_rows2.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay vfem, your cat's looking for gophers!

I got that back section of netting together and up to and just past that highest part, then it began raining. so far 42 drops of rain, lol, but cause enough to get off the ladder.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All we've had is wind and rain... wind and rain.... today it finally gets to 70 and sun (still wind) or would have put up the trellis netting too.

You have a LOT of netting to go up. I am VERY proud of you. I quit. hahaha

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hauled off nearly a truckload of weed roots, century plants and wildrose canes this afternoon!

That clears the area that will be awkward to carry things out of after the hoop house goes up.

Awkward enuf as it was. After all, people don't usually set up their yards so that they can pass thru their neighbor's fence and carry back buckets of trash :p!

Steve

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i got a sad looking root bound meyer lemon repotted today. i hope it will be much happier. got some peppers planted. i should have gotten squash planted, but it didn't happen. cleaned out a bed and filled some bird feeders. oh, i also got a couple of beds watered today. i'm enjoying this spring as much as i can because i know this ongoing drought is going to be so bad this summer, i can't bear to think about it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I planted 4 White Lebonese squash plants, 4 yellow squash plants, 2 zuchinni plants, 6 Arkansas Traveler tomato plants and 85 Damon Morgan's Kentucky Butcher corn seeds. I dug, weeded and composted. The breakfast table is getting a little less leafy. :lol: I have 2 four foot flourescent shop lights on stacks of bricks helping my little seeds get started.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thistle, that was probably the first sunshine we've seen in weeks. Lately, just clouds and rain. They few sunny days we've had have been few and far between... as well as accompanied by freezing winds from the west. I got a lot of dirt in the eyes yesterday. I wasn't even going to do much, I just noticed my beets sprouted, so I thinned them...then I thinned the lettuce bed... and then... and then... HAHAHAHA

Baymule, its so hard to think you're getting in squash! I start to get jealous, then I think of Chickie'sMomaInNH.... I'm over it! hahaha (Sorry Chickie's, I know you have a couple more months before the sunshine lets you work outside again. :( )

Latest posts