What did you pick today?

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Subsequent to my previous post, I returned to my garden and picked ALL of my beets. It was either that, or just let the ground squirrels continue to whittle away at them. :barnie I got some good sized beets for pickling (I like them small) and two bags of nice beet tops after carefully picking them over. The chickens got a huge colander of beet greens, and the ground squirrels got an equal amount of beet greens plus some really tiny, not-worth-my-time beet roots to munch on in the morning. The only thing in my garden they still have access to are my tomatos, my pickling cucs and my squash. I sure hope they decide to leave them alone. :/

maidservant

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Haven't went out yet today, but yesterday I picked our first batch of okra, some squash, a giant cucumber (mom missed it for a few days), and about a quart of green beans.

ticks

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I picked half a dozen peppers

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Still picking only tomatoes at home. At the church yesterday I picked lotsa eggplant, tons of beans, many peppers (both hot and sweet), and dozens of tomatoes. Most of it was provided for the food program, but I did keep some beans (froze them), a couple eggplant, a few peppers, and a few tomatoes (just to do a taste test - I love trying different varieties!)

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had guests for supper, so I picked a great assortment of veggies for the salad. Four kinds of lettuce, radicchio, green scallions, baby broccoli, basil, baby zucchini, and the best radish's I have eaten, "French Breakfast variety".

I only had one ripe tomato to add.:(

Main course was spaghetti, with huge handfuls of fresh chard and spinach added. Seasoned it with fresh herbs, basil, oregano, and a pinch of bronze fennel ferns. Now that was tasty!:)

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've also been picking radishes, green onions, chives, peppers, and baby beets that I thinned. Also more herbs.....basil, oregano, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and peppermint for the ice cream. :)

Oh, and a corn plant. I didn't want to, but an animal broke it. Rats. But, Penelope the goat enjoyed it!

That sounds great, Bills! You are such a nice host! :)

Yes, we always grow French Breakfast, and, in fact, I just took seeds back from the plants from last year! :) They're pretty, too! :)

I'm sorry about the lone tomato, but with a feast like that, I'm sure that they were too distracted to notice! :)

Latest posts