What interesting creatures live in your garden?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@britesea your place sounds amazing! We have a deer visiting the neighbouring property now and then, but she seldom comes closer than 300 yards or so from us.

@so lucky I manage projects for a few websites, so as long as I can get online, it doesn't matter if I move around a lot. Which is a very good thing in my situation!

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks @Carol Dee and @sumi, we feel like we live in the Garden of Eden sometimes. The only down side is that all those animals want to nibble on our plants. Even that I don't mind as long as they leave some for us too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just closing up the house to leave for work when I spotted this moose standing in the sprinkler.

sprinkler moose july 2014 005.JPG

britesea

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wonderful photo! And your garden looks so lush and green... I'm envious. The only part of our property that's green right now is the garden itself. I'm not watering our grass because of the drought, so it's just brown with a few native drought tolerant plants here and there.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Once again, you have outdone yourself with a moose picture. I love it! haha, you know how you scan a sentence.....well the first time I read your post, I read mouse instead of moose! I had to go back and read that one again......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee, that's an awesome clip! Love it!! Aren't they the funniest creatures?

I got home tonight and she was standing on the edge of the lawn gazing at the sprinkler (off) looking hot and dry.

Just then dh went out the front door to move the sprinkler and turn it on a different section. he saw her and nixed the moving it idea and just turned it on. She very gratefully headed right for it and stood over it letting it spray her legs. After about an hour of that she needed a rest so she lay down and let it spray her for another hour. Needless to say the part of the lawn is very well watered.

Latest posts