crazzzymike13

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
5688_flower.jpg

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looks like a Kalanchoe?

Could use a little more info, like where are you located, is it a houseplant, patio plant or growing somewhere in your yard.

crazzzymike13

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I live in the Texas panhandle. My mother inlaw gave me some seeds for them. She doesnt even know the name. They Loooove the hot hot sun. I have them growing in the flower bed. It is just bugging me cause I dont see anyone else with them and people ask me what they are. I looked up Kalanchoe. I dont think that is what they are. It said they like the shade. These plants loooove the heat. I can go a few days without watering them and they do just fine. It gets really hot here.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, definitely cockscomb. They make wonderful cut flowers- and if you leave them in the vase a little too long, tiny black seeds will fall... save them for next year!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, we call it cocks comb too. I had some in my wedding bouquet... cocks comb, chinese dew berries and orchids. A lovely assembly I do believe....

...and cocks comb keeps its color when dried!!! ;)

crazzzymike13

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh Man thanks Alot!!!! They are some awesome flowers. Ive been trying to find a site so I can buy some other colored one's. I really like these flowers though, cause I don't have to worry about them dying or turning brown if I forget to water them. They Love the heat. I may end up planting a whole bunch of them next year. I had a hard time with some flowers turning brown and not doing too well in the heat. I'm new to gardening. But I do think I have found my fav. Like I said thanks a Whole Lot!!!!!!

damummis

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bakers Creek Seeds.

They have a few different kinds of Celosia.

Latest posts