Monster Cayenne
Melrose Hot
Cito
Pumpkin Pepper

bearmanz400

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Oh!

...and a Bolivian Rainbow Pepper plant that is steadily producing peppers, that I have started collecting/drying to save seeds

I have 6 cuttings that I put in the rooting hormone about a week ago, that hopefully will have started to root - I guess I will find out this weekend - either way I have 20 or so that have sprouted from seeds that I have saved

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Here's my list:

. . .

The Takanotsume did not germinate (old seed). That's okay, the things are just dynamite! . . .
They did, too!! :cool: Hey, I've got some peppers that need to be taken out of their common cookie boxes and be transplanted into flats this week (Thai Hots). Then, here are the little bent heads of Takanotsume showing up above the soil!

The seed was sown just about a month ago. Good Heavens! Here they come . . . and they are HOT!

Steve

lillie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have never had any luck with peppers, except for jalapenos. They go gangbusters on me and I only grow them because I want one or two to spice up my salsa.

But each year I keep trying. I have a short list; King of the North. I also grabbed a pack of mixed-color sweet peppers off the seed rack at Home Depot, not sure if they even have a name! The seedlings are doing great right now under my grow lights, but if things turn out like they usually do, I'll maybe get one sickly looking little pepper on each plant. :(

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jalapenos and Bells of course. They both belong in any garden. I also grow one hot pepper like Thai for grinding into flakes or powder. One pepper for chili rellanos either Anaheim or Poblano. I also grow Peter Peppers just for laughs. There are so many varieties of peppers you can get your garden so full of them you have no room for anything else.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lillie, try laying black plastic on the ground of your pepper bed, a good 4 by 4 feet around a couple plants. Maybe even create a wall behind them to the north painted white. Fool them puppies into thinking they are further south...