What Pest Do Deal With In Garden ?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
June bugs.. They strip my climbing rose down to stems every year and do a real number on the rose of sharrons too! In the veggies, slugs - tiny little bitty slugs - were all over my spinach and lettuces. I'm pretty sure that despite my thorough washing.. I may have eaten one or two in the big spinach frittata.. :eek: They apparently aren't poisonous.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What's wrong nyboy? You eat snails-escargot. Slugs smaller version without the shell........

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The most persistent pests this year are slugs, on the strawberries and cabbage.
But I found two tomato hornworms this morning, so we'll see how that goes. I never spray for horn worms, since they can be picked off. It can be just a few worms doing a great amount of damage, so hand picking seems to make more sense than spraying.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The most persistent pests this year are slugs, on the strawberries and cabbage.
But I found two tomato hornworms this morning, so we'll see how that goes. I never spray for horn worms, since they can be picked off. It can be just a few worms doing a great amount of damage, so hand picking seems to make more sense than spraying.
Beer in a cup placed at ground level definitely works to catch slugs and snails.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never eaten escargot. my friend loves it and orders every time t on a menu
What can I say......first no road kill, now no snails. Do you really want your man card taken?

Latest posts