What To Do When You're Snowed In

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember the first year I was in my own place... I had moved into a cottage on an old plantation and when I said I was a little leary about the nearly 3 mile long driveway when it snowed I was told "It never really snows here! We're in the tidewater, that's very different from what you're used to"
The very first storm left 28" in the drive way. I hiked to a friend's place (who's woodstove was working) and we spend the next 3 days with AOL/HBO/AOL/HBO
(that was back when AOL was the only choice and HBO was THE THING) :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane', where were you coming from - to arrive on that 3 mile driveway?

So Lucky, you don't have paths, driveways and sidewalks to shovel? Man, that's the only exercise I get around here on those days!

Another winter exercise is walking to my wife's pharmacy. Hospital, there is no way I can get anywhere close to the door nearest the place! Not legally or safely with the pickup, anyway. I can trudge several blocks and it seems that it is uphill, both ways!

I try to have an order to pick up weekly :p.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The unusual thing about our mt. St. Helena is its pronunciation...

Mount Sain 'aleena

yep

But that one is just out of view from here to the south. Snow Mountain is east by south east of the lake, visible from here...not right now in the snow though...and has two peaks. Bear Mountain is visible too, but our main mountain here is Hull Mountain. Mt. Sanhedrin is beyond Orchid hill to the northwest. yea, this is one of the higher up parts of the coast range.

Ground is turning white! Some snow on my satellite dish...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I did set some rolls to thaw and baked them for supper......SO GOOD!! :drool And I strained out the blueberry cordial twice. First time was to strain out the berries, second time was to strain out the sediment. Christmas presents are still on the dining table........

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is blueberry cordial what i think it might be? Like Blueberry liqueuer? if so, sounds delish! to spell delish californian :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
7504_january_13_046.jpg

.....with a cup of mocha and a good book. Or a stack of seed catalogs. :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

whyzcom mine doesn't have a c thru door?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
My feet are propped up on the desk a few feet from mine, on cruise mode...one small skinny log burns to embers, set another skinny log on, like that. In an hour or 3 I'll put some bigger ones on. I have 4 all nighters at the ready. Course, all nighters don't last all night, but it'll be doably warm enough in the morning to start again...remonds me to slice up some more tinder from redwood...brb!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ours is too little to hold a fire all night, so sometimes if I get up in the middle of the night I'll put on some more wood if there's anything still going on in there. Tomorrows high is supposed to be 3. Gonna have that thing hummin' all day!

Latest posts