What's in your flock?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sad news. I lost Brownie, my black sex-link hen today. I have no idea what happened. She looked fine last evening when I fed them treats and locked the door. For some reason she died overnight and was cold and stiff when I checked the coop to let everyone out for the day. Sigh!

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sad news. I lost Brownie, my black sex-link hen today. I have no idea what happened. She looked fine last evening when I fed them treats and locked the door. For some reason she died overnight and was cold and stiff when I checked the coop to let everyone out for the day. Sigh!
:hugsSo sorry

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today was hatch day for the latest batch. It was very busy for me, there was a lot of shrink wrapped chicks, I was elbow deep in assisting hatching chicks solid from 8 to about 3, then intermittent until about 8. I have 14 in the brooder, 6 still in icu, but most are rallying, 10 didn't make it. Chicks and I are to tired for pics tonight though.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red, so sorry about your hen. Kassaundra sorry you had a tough time with the hatch. We enjoy our chickens so much, it is hard when things go wrong.

Latest posts