Which is your favourite rose?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
The beautiful Julius rose wins hands down for me. I cannot get enough of it's wonderful colour! Though the one I bought after falling in love with it one day on a visit to a garden centre is not an enthusiastic bloomer, sadly, so I don't have a pic, but here's one:

http://www.johnnyspages.com/roses_files/rose_1683.jpg

Stunning, isn't it? Which rose(s) is your favourite(s)?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Beautiful rose Sumi.
I'm with Cat, it's hard to pick one.
One of my favorites is Cecille Brunner, loaded with tiny pink fragrant blooms.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hands down Rugosa roses they are the super easy. Disease resistant almost every other rose needs spraying here but them. Salt no problem so can be plant at beach or along road. Heavy fragnace, only flowers once

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Othello, an older David Austin rose, that I read he has re-introduced after years of it not being available.
upload_2014-9-17_15-0-0.jpeg
I think I did that wrong, but you get the picture. Really fragrant and large heavy blossoms.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think my favorite would be the Sonja tea rose. But only because it was the rose I chose for my wedding bouquet. A beautiful coral color. Have never had luck growing any rose. :(
sonja.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've grown Sonia, Carol Dee. Hundreds and hundreds of Sonia!

In a greenhouse ... They were one of the newer roses that supplemental lighting made possible/profitable.

I don't know if I like roses. They don't seem to like me, anyway. Maybe they are all going, "You used to work in a rose greenhouse. Take me there! You know I don't like all this arid weather! What's wrong with you?! Why don't you move to southern China where I'm from? Yeah! Take me home and do it right now!!"

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
To be perfectly candid I hate all roses at pruning time. Altogether, I have to prune around 100 and my arms look like I stuck them in a bag of angry cats.

Mine are all rugosas and I just take the hedger to them about every 3 years, I don't have to stick any body parts in among the thorns that way.

Latest posts