White stuff on Snap peas leafs

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I noticed this morning that my snap peas have a odd whiteness to their leafs. They are still very young, they are in a pot that is movable (with a tomato cage to climb up) I live in South East Michigan and we've had a pretty mild spring so far. Any ideas what might be causing this white stuff on the leafs, is it bad? What should I do?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you mean a bug? Mealybugs? A hard spray of water will get rid of them.
Anny said:
I noticed this morning that my snap peas have a odd whiteness to their leafs. They are still very young, they are in a pot that is movable (with a tomato cage to climb up) I live in South East Michigan and we've had a pretty mild spring so far. Any ideas what might be causing this white stuff on the leafs, is it bad? What should I do?

Anny

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
It's not a bug almost look like a fungi or something

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't panic yet... give it a few days and see what happens. Has it been very wet? Can you take a pic- that would really help us figure it out.

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
A few years ago I had some powdery mildew on a squash plant in a pot. I sprayed it with diluted skim milk (50/50 skim milk/water), and it got rid of the mildew. Crazy. :) Google is totally backing me up on this, too.

I am also experiencing an "odd whiteness"... Mine is due, I believe, to thrips. They're sucking so much out of my squash leaves that they're nearly white.:(

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Anny does your plants look like this?
7054_powdery-mildew-pea-1.jpg

Chris

Latest posts