WHOOOHOOO!! My bush beans came up!!!!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know it's kinda silly to be excited about something so simple when most of you guys are super-gardeners, but this is the first year I have had a garden since I moved out of my parents house back in 1981! I managed to start some tomatoes inside earlier in the season and they are doing well in my raised planters. I "mulched" around my tomatoes with bush beans 10 days ago and they jumped out of the ground while I was at work today!!!! :woot :coolsun :weee

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good for you.
I noticed today that 3 of the 4 varieties of bush beans I planted are finally poking through.

THANX RICH

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm just happy they came up, as wet as it's been around here I was afraid they'd rot in the ground like my potatoes did.

THANX RICH

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I will share in your joy and excitement, skeeter!

Yay for sprouts!!!

wsmoak

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mine, too! Beans seem to take forever to sprout, to the point that I'm about to give up on them, before they finally start cracking the surface soil and then peeking out.

I guess I'm spoiled by sprouting seeds in potting soil under lights, where 3-4 days later, I see green!

I just planted the pole beans on their tipi, so that'll be another long wait I'm sure.

-Wendy

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Exciting!! Such promise in a little sprout! It will be several weeks before I can plant my seed... Still waiting for spring! Enjoy!

i_am2bz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had to plant my beans twice before anything came up - then only 4 of the 7! :/

Someone (vfem?) mentioned wrapping the seeds in wet paper towels & let them germinate that way...so I'm trying that too! :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
My pole green beans never came up. I started to doubt myself whether I planted them or not! At my age sometimes you intent to do something and then you forget. But then I was sure I had. Otherwise, why would I have put popsicle labels on my trellis's? :idunno lol

I finally broke down and bought a couple of 6 packs. What the heck, they were very healthy and big already! I know, I probably should have planted more seeds. :hide

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
No shame in that, Mary! I take great comfort in the fact that if my seeds don't work out - there will plenty of plants at the store! Takes the pressure off!

Latest posts