Wifey gave me an Air Rifle

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
This rifle has interchangeable barrels, one is cal 177 and the other is cal 22. We can fire a gun here but a but even with a 22 cal cartridge the bullet will skip a good ways. With this Air Rifle the pellet is traveling over 1100fps. I've taken two rabbits, clean take, the hind leg just moved once. Haven't had a chance to tap a Jack with it yet. but looking forward to it. I've just used the 22 cal barrel, don't know how the .177 would do. I'll use it on the kangaroo rats if I get a chance.

You might have a use for one of these, comes with a scope.

We have to wrap the trees well to protect a tree from being ring barked by them.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My wife hid my air rifle and won't give it back...
I've always wondered just how bad it hurt to be shot with a BB gun and I just want her to let me shoot her in the rear end with my air rifle. Of course I would have her permission before I would actually make the shot.
The reason I want to shoot her is she claims women have a higher threshold of pain than men so I don't want to shoot myself as I know that would hurt.
Anyway she claims I must have misplaced the rifle, but I'm sure she hid it.

THANX RICH

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi guys, It's a Beeman, cost $100, at Walmart. It's a break barrel, single shot. When you open it to put a pellet in, it cocks the rifle. There are better brands I'm sure. It has a rifled barrel so the better made pellets are pretty accurate.

The .177 is a faster by but lighter round, so in the wind it will wander.

Richard

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats! It sounds like that is just what you need to protect your garden.
I've been thinking of getting a paint gun, to mark and sting the neighbor's dogs with, when they attack chickens in my yard. Any suggestions? (Should I start a new thread? don't want to hijack)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've always wondered just how bad it hurt to be shot with a BB gun and I just want her to let me shoot her in the rear end with my air rifle. Of course I would have her permission before I would actually make the shot.
The reason I want to shoot her is she claims women have a higher threshold of pain than men so I don't want to shoot myself as I know that would hurt.

THANX RICH

:lol::lol::lol:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
paint ball guns are also to be had at Walmart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The gun you posted is higher end than this one, the barrel isn't blued on the one I have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure what to say about dickiebird's wanting,, he's surely joking, I've been hit with a BB, I didn't like it much.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was younger, my Uncle Doug lived with his sister, Aunt Claris. Doug wasn't much more than 16-17 himself when my brother and oldest cousin idolized him. He took them to movies and out for treats, but he usually exacted his own fun by teasing them.

One day he promised to take them to a scary movie that night if he could use them to practice his aim. If they could get from the porch to the barn without getting hit with a bb they could see the movie. They tried, but Doug was a good shot. He would usually let them get close to the barn door before hitting them and making them start over.

I'm guessing that the bb didn't do much more than sting since no one complained to Aunt Claris, they still loved Uncle Doug, and both grew into productive adults. I suspect Uncle Doug new I was a wuss because he never teased me the way he did the two eldest kids.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm reminded of what @dickiebird has said when he obviously disagrees with people on TEG:

"Whatever you say!!!"

THANX RICH

I'm sure with his wife, it's:

"Whatever you say, Dear!

THANX RICH"

:D Steve
who once shot his brother with a pellet in the rear end while waiting for doves to land behind the barn. steve got pounded for that.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

THANX RICH
Best laugh I've had today. Thanx

Latest posts