Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we picked up about eight more inches of snow last night here. glad we shovelled most of the driveway yesterday so we can start today with a clean pallet. the best part is that i did not shovel the end of the driveway where all the snow plows like to fill it in right about when i finish. :) i had shovelled a path through the snow bank for the UPS delivery person as soon as i saw that there was actually something coming yesterday and a few hours later he showed up and even used it.

so we both get some more exercise today. a good thing this time of year. :)

with the temperatures getting pretty low now it is also really good to have a nice blankie of snow on the ground to protect the plants. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Icy highways in Fort Worth

@baymule and other Texas gardeners?!

News of the pile-up on the highway sounded bad.

i heard a mention of it a bit ago but hoped people were getting through it ok. now looks like some didn't.

people just drive way too crazy these days and conditions can change quickly if you're not paying attention.

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Portland Oregon, DS said that he will be able to work from home for a few days because of a winter storm. Out in the rain, he first had to take a few minutes to pick some things up at the office this morning. There was ice all over his car when he arrived back in the parking lot. Snow there, next.

In Texas, "At least 65 people were treated at hospitals, with 36 of them taken by ambulance from the crash site ..."

BeanWonderin

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Let’s see how long I can keep my ”Chillin’ In The Garden” rank.

It stopped snowing here yesterday long enough for the sun to come out. Checking snowfall records it looks like we got 38 inches since the beginning of February - most of that in the last week. That’s about a third of our snowfall for the season so far!

Here’s a photo from about a week ago. Notice they’re clearing snow banks ahead of the big storm.
D80A0518-D320-4E5A-BC32-38FD78FB1DE3.jpeg

During the storm:
EAE4F397-9F44-4E65-A817-A5D926680C84.jpeg

And here’s the break in weather:
00A0073C-7E7B-43E2-8A5C-9CF8F30A0E66.jpeg

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Heavy Blanket !!

We only have a scene like that once in awhile. As we headed towards cold temperatures, I noticed that there was no frost to be easily seen on the neighborhood roofs and trees. The snow had disappeared! With the air so dry, dry, dry ...

So now, it's chilly! Winds in the above 25 mph range. Wind Chill in the single digitS' above and all of the afternoon, yesterday. Now, it's single digitS' below zero, wind chill. I'm hoping that the thermometer doesn't fall that low by tomorrow.

digitS sszzz

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My town right now is at a feels like rating of -25 C w/wind chill, going to -34 C w/windchill tonight, risk of frostbite warnings. It feels very, very cold to step outside, my beagle is trying to walk around on only his two front legs to minimize ground contact when we go outside.

Moments like this I can't help but think, how did I manage those minus -30 C days??

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let’s see how long I can keep my ”Chillin’ In The Garden” rank.

It stopped snowing here yesterday long enough for the sun to come out. Checking snowfall records it looks like we got 38 inches since the beginning of February - most of that in the last week. That’s about a third of our snowfall for the season so far!

Here’s a photo from about a week ago. Notice they’re clearing snow banks ahead of the big storm.
View attachment 39063

During the storm:
View attachment 39064

And here’s the break in weather:
View attachment 39065
I'm guessing that you get a lot of lake-effect snow up there. Incredible!

Latest posts