1 day to spring!

joebwe25

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I was just sitting around thinking 'bout gardens and chickens and then I thought, "Why don't I start a spring countdown?!" Here goes: 1 DAY TO SPRING!!!!!

:weight :watering :tools :rainbow-sun :mow :coolsun :bee :throw :happy_flower :rose
:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
:dance

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Huh. We have four-foot snowdrifts, all of which will not only have to melt but also flood off of our property before anything starts resembling Spring, calendar or no calendar.

And with the number and size of thaws we've already had this season, the ground is fully saturated and the ditches full of ice, so this next one is going to be WHOA NELLY big, I'm afraid :/

Pat, going to shovel some snow out of ditches when DH gets home this afternoon

adoptedbyachicken

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well Pat I only have 1 foot of snow or less where it has just fallen but the piles from driveway clearing and off the roof of the barn are still 5 or 6 feet. Like you we have had melts and refreeze too many times. We are in the remelt right now and look out, water is flowing over the tops of things it should not be..... Yuck.

Soon I hope. At least now already it's still light for the drive home from work! I really hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. That to me is the worst part of winter.

Latest posts