106.5 hours

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's the number of hours on my last 2 week time sheet, not counting travel time to a couple of job sites. Dew also noted that on the 17th of January I had only been home 4 days since the New Year. Looking ahead at the jobs on the horizon, it's only going to get worse. If this keeps up, I don't know how I'm ever going to plant pepper seeds and expect to take care of them :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you find time to plant them. I am sure Dew can manage to keep them alive until you are home to tend them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was like some fine wines as an employee, MontyJ. I didn't travel well.

Employers were probably more inclined to run me outta town than have me run out to a job. Even in delivery, I had a tendency to go out the gate and in my enthusiasm, run off in 5 directions at once!

On any job, I felt it was best to start in the middle and work towards more than one end. There is a lot of job security with this approach and I needed all of that, as I could get.

Can you see far enough ahead that you can predict when you will have gardening time? You may not want to focus on plant starts this year. Around here, lots of gardeners plan on a harvest season of just a few days. Their idea is to plant all at once and harvest the same way. Concentrating on only a few things would make gardening easier.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Poor Monty......ya' gotta have a job to make a living. But ya' gotta live along the way too. On the other hand, grab all those hours you can get, because it sure can slow down or stop.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I envy friends that have 40 hour work week.
I have a 34 hr. week. I'm open 7:30-4:30 but everyone starts arriving after 8:00 with most children arriving between 8:30-9:00am. I'm also closed on Fridays. I don't know what I would do if I had to work Fridays too.

Mary

Latest posts