1st Carrot Harvest Today! Wow! PICS

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yay, I was only going to *thin* my carrots today (they all wound up growing in 2 big clumps and a couple smaller clumps) when to my surprise I discovered that thinning carrots meant that I got a good handful of baby carrots -- easily enough to share at our barbeque tonight. :D

I got a bunch of the Scarlet Nantes and as a bonus, two of the Scarlet Dragons! LOL, now I can tell the difference between an orange carrot and a red/purple carrot.

Here's the pictures I took:

2173895860058348753S600x600Q85.jpg

and

2659729210058348753S600x600Q85.jpg

So pretty! These are obviously after I washed all the dirt off and stuff. And I had one and it was WONDERFUL, full of carrot flavor with a very subtle sweetness, not woody at all. Of course, it was hardly bigger than a couple of bites (I ate the smallest one, well, the two *very* smallest ones got to be treats for the chickens, but the smallest one after that, LOL!). More tonight when people are over for dinner! There are enough for everybody to have a couple, at least.

Whitewater

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
WOW.....that is way cool. I believe I have enjoyed growing carrots, this year, more than anything else. Reckon it's cause ya don't know what ya got till ya pull on it. Sorta like a gardeners "Christmas".

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very nice and impressive. I also got about 18 carrots. They weren'
t full size more like baby to small size. I could'nt wait so I pulled them out! :D

This was my first taste of homegrown carrots. I was really surprised at the very aromatic perfumey scent. They were also very sweet and delicious. :)

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yum yum yum.... did you weigh these for the community garden project?! ;)

Latest posts