2011 Fall Planting Schedule

BetterHensandGardens

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I finally made up my fall planting schedule, and thought I'd share - it always shocks me - I just got the garden in, and now I need to turn around and be planting for fall already! Anyone else feel that way?

Anyway, here's what my fall planting schedule looks like to beat the cold weather: http://www.betterhensandgardens.com...ing-planting-schedule-wdownloadable-template/

I'm already behind.................

jomoncon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh, Thanks so very much. This chart is exact;y what I need. Living in New Orleans, the frost dates a significantly different from the rest of the country. I have a chart from my local Ag center, but this calendar with shot it to me much more graphically.

Now, If I can just find the time to fill it in!!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great chart, very detailed! I usually go by the free garden calendar my ag extension puts out. It's a little hard for me to follow exactly, plant a little here, plant a little there...but I try to stay in the ballpark.

I just got the garden in, and now I need to turn around and be planting for fall already! Anyone else feel that way?
I totally hear ya though--I just got everything else planted (late because of the weather!) and before I was done with all that, I was supposed to be putting in my fall brassicas from seed. Whew! Also, it bums me out a little after the summer solstice, you can feel fall creeping up on you. Cold weather...snow...blah, I don't want to think about it. Not yet anyway! ;) LOL

Latest posts