2012 TEG Giant Pumpkin Contest - weigh in by 15 October

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
my chickens love pumpkins watermelons canteloupes just about anything !! I have to put a fence around my garden as they are trying so hard to get into my garden !! But I am more concern what might try to eat my goodies ! (gophers, rabbits etc)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Found another pumpkin seedling growing in my window box- I will try and transplant that one, too. Then, I will have two pumpkin plants!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
oh sorry ! I guess we all got carried away chatting !! :plbb I have my pumpkin growing but I dont think I sign up for it ! I am just growing it for fun for my nephew. :tools

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
desertlady said:
oh sorry ! I guess we all got carried away chatting !! :plbb I have my pumpkin growing but I dont think I sign up for it ! I am just growing it for fun for my nephew. :tools
You're welcome to join, it doesn't cost anything, and it's fun.

You never know, you might win!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I went out to water the garden and decided to check on my white pumpkin. I found 4 on one vine! they are all about and inch . Its nerve wrecking because I have wild creatures out there trying to eat up my garden !! I pray they dont touch my pumpkin ! and watermelons too.....

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's official I'm sidelined, my last Atlantic giant withered and croaked. It never did get bigger than a sprout, not sure why. Here's wishing all the contestants better luck than I had.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Collector said:
It's official I'm sidelined, my last Atlantic giant withered and croaked. It never did get bigger than a sprout, not sure why. Here's wishing all the contestants better luck than I had.
I'm sorry, there's always next year!