2021 Garden Tour

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
This last winter, many of my plants drowned due to heavy rains during Dec. and Jan. Also, the State had cut down a mile of cotton wood trees behind our back fence. Since this subdivision was built over a wetlands swamp, boy oh boy did we have water standing on the surface and dead plants here, there and everywhere. So what to do... why not grow river rocks ( 6 tons worth ) to expand my dry river bed dor sdrainage and use the dirt to create 3 new islands. Then, I purchased 10 coral bark maple trees and 5 assorted maple trees, 10 more autumn ferns, 5 sword ferns, 2 Alaska ferns, and 14 Japanese painted ferns, 40 lavenders ( tumbelina grows only 8" tall ). Also, I will purchase other plants at the invitation only and appointment May 3rd Master Gardener plant sale . So, last Friday the Clark County Inspectors came out to see my garden ... they liked what they saw , so .... they accepted it to be on this years virtual garden tour again. I will get a call from the professional photografers to set an appointment for them to come out and film. I will let you all know as to when the photo work is done and edited for all of the gardens on the garden tour , then posted on the www. :caf

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
After the state workers left the felled cottonwood tree trunks, my neighor and I cut a 16" diameter tree trunk into 9 sections - 4 ft . to 6 ft leanghts. then I removed an 8 ft section of my back fence, rolled them up the drainage ditch ( about 4' deep and 20' wide and placed them along my side fence as benches. ( backbreaking work as these sections were VERY HEAVY as they were very wet ). Anything bigger and we could not move them. :th We also cut another 16" diameter tree trunk into 12" to 16" diameter rounds as seating for our 9 grandkids. I also got about 20- 6" diameter and 8' to 12' sections of small tree trunks as edgeing for flower beds. Then over 20 people showed up with their pick- ups and chain saws to cut the other tree trunks up for fire wood for several weeks. Many of them made several trips. Everyone was happy in the end. :old