3 Martinis And I Will Agree With Anything

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
The main thing you will probably be saddled with is the turkey and dressing.
You can either buy everything you need already prepared or fix it yourself. Just try to get it planned out, and do your shopping as soon as you can. My mom used to make the dressing the day before, after having started saving bread heels and cornbread weeks before. You can buy a fresh turkey leg to cook to get the good broth and small meat pieces for the dressing, way ahead of time. (freeze the cooked meat and broth)
One of the most memorable Thanksgivings I had was when I was all alone. I went and volunteered at the Salvation Army dinner for the day. No time to be lonely there!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky, that is always a great way to spend that afternoon.
We've done it a couple of times as a family. Met some very nice and interesting folks.

@Nyboy , no chance that you could call one of your guests and get the details of that list?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You do need to check with a friend. Having 20 salads and no meat is not what they expect.
For the rest, getting a turkey baked the day before, cooled, sliced, and reheated before serving is neat and easy. As long as you have stuffing, gravy and/or fresh bread (rolls) cooking that day, the kitchen will smell festive. KISS! This is the key to a great day as long as you don't have a reputation for gourmet meals to live up to. Thanksgiving is family and friends sharing a meal. Simple good food should work just fine.

Latest posts