3 Martinis And I Will Agree With Anything

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had dinner with friends last night. End of meal Thanksgiving came up, it is a little fuzzy, but I agreed to host dinner. In sober light of day, panic is setting in, what did I agree too !!! ER quite on holidays right.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boston Market - get it all and hide the containers!
sHa_hehe.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boston Market? Do you realize, @Nyboy , you posted this in "Harvest: Recipes, etc.?"

shock.gif

Okay, traditional Thanksgiving dinner isn't so tuff. I mean people have other things to do that day and may not be honing skills thru the year.

IMG_20141117_055643_zpsysycl4a1.jpg

what's sitting in my kitchen at just this minute ...

Whaddya
want? Turkey? Green Bean Casserole? Mashed Potatoes and Gravy? Pie?

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve... I think he's worried because he managed to poison a friend by walking past a berry bush..
Of course, @Nyboy - if it's recipes you're after... We can HOOK YOU UP! :D

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
My challenge each year is to find ways to shift the focus off the food and onto being grateful for all the blessings in our lives and for Who the blessings come from.
Some years, depending on the 'guest list', it's more of a challenge than others.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife recently commented the best Christmas meal she had was the two times we took her family to a hotel prepared Christmas meal. That way we did not have to cook or clean. Of course we still made her family's traditional oyster stew for Christmas Eve. Her sister would carefully count how many oysters each per got. For some reason that was important to her. Since we were in the New Orleans area, I got a few pins of very fresh oysters and dumped them in the stew. She had trouble counting that high.

The Thanksgiving meal is the centerpiece. Our current tradition is that my wife and I go to how home and cook Thanksgiving dinner for her father, her sister, and our son and daughter-in-law. Her sister makes the desserts, a cake and two pies. Each item in that meal is rigidly set by tradition. It does not vary. The green beans, corn, sweet potatoes, and most of the herbs come from my garden.

Cane, I don't know how you get that focus. I guess insist on a prayer before the meal and lead that prayer yourself.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cooking Thanksgiving meal can be daunting. I only have 1 oven and it's hard to plan it so that everything is done at the same time without something getting cold. But now my daughter makes the gluten free stuffing so that's one less thing that uses the oven.

Could you have your friends bring the side dishes? This would sure make it easier on you.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That focus is tuff.

I've discovered that the youngest people are usually the most rigid family meal traditionalists. My father pointed that out to me many years ago.

I tried mightily ... okay, for a couple of years ... to have a different stuffing. Yeah! I wanted those oysters, @Ridgerunner is talking about, in the stuffing. I don't remember what else I tried ...

You try reasoning with a 12 year old!

Shoot. It's my simplistic recipe for the stuffing that is somehow traditional, to begin with!

Steve

Latest posts