79 * here today!

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
But last frost date is April 15! Dang it's hard to wait!
Lots of Alliums, Broccoli, Bok Choi, Kale, Cabbage, and lettuce growing, potatoes in the ground. Been going to the garden at least twice a day and have harvested spring onions and kale. Trellis is up, mulch is down, really nothing to do out there.
Wish it was April 15 and I could plant the warm weather stuff. But at 66 years young, I know better!
When walking this morning, I got excited seeing a couple large bags of grass clippings I could scavenge.
I am going to put some sort of early tomato out soon in pots that I can cover with trash bags. I wonder if it's possible to get a ripe tomato before June 1?
I think something's wrong with me, maybe all of us?

Mauldintiger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Just looked at the 10 day forecast, Sunday week is 75*. I may try to find a couple early tomatoes to put in the ground tomorrow, it's only money!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It wasn't a very pleasant day here, 'Tiger. Too much wind for my liking. It didn't feel very cold even with gusts above 30mph altho I don't think it made it to 50°f.

It should tomorrow ... I'm only gonna be so patient about the absence of sunshine and that needs to improve. I've got those plants with their noses pressed against the South Window!

More tomato seed went in the soil mix, today ... anticipating sunny weather.

Steve