A Bargain Wet-'n-Dry Vacuum

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It all started because OldGal and I started keeping ducks about 2 months ago, and I've been using my old shop vac to empty their kiddie wading pool/duck pond. Day before yesterday morning, while we were drinking coffee OldGal mentioned that we would be needing a new one soon. Well, of course that put the jinx in, and the same afternoon the old one, out of the blue just quit. :(

Onto www.lowes.com to see what was available in my price range. Most were a bit more than I could afford right now until I found this:

026282645111xl.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_49940-20097...llar|1&storeId=10151&rpp=24&searchQueryType=1

At only about $20 what a bargain. It fits on just about any 5 gallon bucket. Okay, the hose is short and it doesn't come with any tools, but the longer hose off of my old one fits as do the tools. It works great, lots of suction and it has a couple of features that my old vac didn't, such as a float valve that keeps me from pumping liquid into the motor area. Putting the 5 gallon bucket into the tub left over from my broken shop vac gives it wheels.

Need a replacement shop vacuum? Consider this one. ;)

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks! Forgot to mention that it comes with a 2 year warranty and for about $6 you can extend that to 4. The short hose does have an advantage. When it gets clogged it's easier to clean out.

Latest posts