A berry tree?

Farmer Kitty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We took a trip this last weekend and I saw this tree that had what looked like blackberries on it. Can anyone tell me what it is and if the berries are edible and if so, what they are good for. It has my curiosity.
5094_tree1.jpg

5094_tree2.jpg

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Probably a mullberry tree. Do the leaves smell tooty-fruity? If so, that's what it is. I like them as a novelty, the flavor is rather insipid, though, at least to my taste buds.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
yup I vote for mullberry too wow that is a HUGE one!
Haven't seen one in a long time, and it does look HUGE! I'm thinking that is what it is too!

Farmer Kitty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you.

I don't know if the leaves smelt or not. A summer cold has hit and smelling is not at best performance right now so, I didn't even think to smell it.

It was a big tree and provided quite an area of shade. Of course, right now it's shedding it's fruit so one wouldn't want to just sit under it.

Farmer Kitty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hmmm, I may have to try to find some locally and see if we like them. If so, I know of one more tree to plant in the orchard. Although, the way that has been going it may not be wise either. The three trees I planted 2 years ago didn't survive this last winter. :hit

Latest posts