A few simple changes

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My husband can't help but DO something when he's emotional...so to keep his mind busy he built our daughter a swing set on saturday. He did a great job with no directions or kit. It was fun going and picking out the swings that would go on it, and the see saw swing we chose as well.

swing_set.jpg

Also, we have a new family addition that hatched this morning. A buff silkie chick. My chickens have hatched duck eggs for me... but these are the first hatch of their own eggs! (We did lose one chick this morning, someone cracked the shell to early and she died.)

chick1_2_23_09.jpg

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That swing set looks great! How does your daughter like it? Me and my siblings wore out so many of those things growing up. :lol:

Cute chick by the way! Its always fun when you have a broody hatch her own babies.

punkin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's a very nice swingset.

Sorry about the loss in your family. At least your husband does something constructive to work out his emotions and doesn't keep it bottled up inside.

Plus, your daughter must be thrilled.

Congrats on the chick.

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The swing set looks great! What a busy Daddy...

I haven't been on TEG so I didn't know about your families loss. So sorry to here that. My heart goes out to you.

Gosh, that buff Silkie looks so adorable, congratulations! I have an assortment of eggs in the bator and one is a single buff Silkie egg, hoping for, of all things, a cockeral to go with my buff pullet. Isn't Spring the best time of the year!!

Latest posts