A garden in a crazy life

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You need not, Poka_Doodle. There are things best left off the internet, especially when you are on the younger side. We'll take you as you are.

I would always forget how young SeedO was as we discussed his breeding, gardening, and seed saving techniques. It didn't make a bit of difference to me/us at all.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back when I was working things would sometimes get crazy. Deadlines coming, the phone constantly ringing, emails than needed answering piling up, I remember having five people lined up at the door waiting for their chance to come in and talk, mainly asking me to do something for them. When it got like that, without being rude I'd go get a cup of coffee. No need to be rude to anyone. Just that short break of walking two doors down the hall, getting the coffee, and walking back was enough to settle things back down so I could actually get something done. If coming on here for a few minutes helps you regain control of things, please do so. Just don't stay too long, especially during finals week. This forum can be habit-forming.

I agree with Red, some things are best left off of the internet. Why make it easy for perverts or scam artists to do their damage? What you choose to disclose is up to you but I try to not give my exact age (though I readily admit to being at least a few years older than most regulars on here. I can only think of three regulars older than me. I'm not ashamed of my age but my exact age is no one's business. I did slip up one time on that.) I don't give family or friend's names on here. We all set our own boundaries and sometimes we fail.

Youth is the time for things to go crazy. Get involved in things, develop interests, have fun, and test your limits. Make memories. You have the energy to handle it. Just let us know how it's going occasionally.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you. I love the garden, but working with livestock can be a lot.

Poka_Doodle

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I maybe forgot about this...
Anyways, things are quieting down now. I have a week left of school but am finished learning for the year.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We will remind you that you said this ..

. in September ;).

And maybe, if you ask for any advice, between now and then.

:) Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember the feeling of relief and anticipation of fun and freedom when school ended for the year. Usually, though, a couple weeks in, I was bored already. And that was in the olden days before Internet and cell phones. Even before Pong!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup! There's a point where even the best of students stop learning for the school year. So, you have a week left. That's great!

You don't stop learning during summer vacation, you just learn different things that help make you a well-rounded person not merely a student.

I had another night-mare about school this morning. . . I fell asleep in a forgotten room, had a sub called for my class, forgot report cards were due, couldn't find my way around the school, and the reason I woke up -- I couldn't find the girls' bathroom. Really scary! See, teachers need summer break, too.

Latest posts