A Look at life in Belize

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have been posting and learning a lot on BYH and BYC for just over a year now. Only recently joined this forum and thought it was about time to post some pictures of what we get up to in Belize, hope I don't bore anyone.

7240_lawn_area_under_construction.jpg

This is an area of the garden which I am making into a lawn, it is a bit more advanced than what you see here, just not had anytime to get uptodate photos, will post more soon.

7240_19.jpg

Picture of the house.

7240_13.jpg

This is a picture of the house we built, my son built it actually, if you note all the trees and brush around that is what the whole 28 acres is like, so converting that into garden areas takes time. The lawn under construction is to the right of the picture.

Just a little sample of life in Belize, I will post more pictures as I go along, if any one is interested.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Warthog... Those pictures are very nice. We love to see pictures here on this forum. It gives us a glimpse of what gardening is like in other countries. I hope we can encourage and support you in your gardening!:frow

Welcome to TEG!:rainbow-sun

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow, thank you so much for sharing! I feel so inspired!!!! :D

That really does look like paradise! :rainbow-sun

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes it is paradise.

You can all support me in my gardening, come and pull some weeds!!!!:gig

Seriously thanks for your support guys, and I will post more pics as soon as possible.

It's a bit wet and muddy to do much at the moment had Tropical Storm Karl yesterday, about 5 inches of rain in a couple of hours. Been raining again today, so stuck in doors mostly.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If I didn't have family obligations in the states I would really consider a move to Belize. I just hope the big money boys don't turn it into another Bahamas.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
If you cover my flight money, feed me and keep a roof over my head I'd be there to help with bells on!!!! :p

Warthog

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Obsessed - dont be jealous, you can only see the nice bits in the photo's, if you saw the pictures of bits I am working on, you would probably run like mad :lol:

Hoodat - yes we hope the big money boys don't ruin it. But I think if they do it will be many many years from now and certainly not in my life time. Belize is described as a young developing country, I think a more apt description is one step up from third world.

vfem - when I've saved enough money for the flight, I'll let you know :gig

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I still laugh when I think of a Pillipino friend. I asked him what the original Pillipino diet was. He told me,"We'd just kick a tree and eat whatever fell out of it".:lol:

Latest posts