A look at my Zucchini plant updated Aug. 5, 2011.

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was out doing some work in the garden and thought I would post some pictures of the zucchini.
These are Black Beauty and mature a 60 days.

7054_dsc_0144.jpg

7054_dsc_0145.jpg

7054_dsc_0146.jpg

Chris

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks good, Chris!

And, no mildew on the leaves! Black Beauty had some problems with mildew in my garden. Actually, all the zucchini do.

If these are the 1st of your zucchini, I may have you beat. Probably all of those plants set out early have had 1 fruit, so far ;). (And, if my plants don't decide to grow a little, 1 fruit each may be about all of it . . . :rolleyes:))

Steve

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Looks good, Chris!

And, no mildew on the leaves! Black Beauty had some problems with mildew in my garden. Actually, all the zucchini do.

If these are the 1st of your zucchini, I may have you beat. Probably all of those plants set out early have had 1 fruit, so far ;). (And, if my plants don't decide to grow a little, 1 fruit each may be about all of it . . . :rolleyes:))

Steve
I got one picked 2 days ago it was about 8" long ;) I have 10 Zucchini plants and I think each have one 4-5 Inch Zucchini on it and most have 2 smaller ones on them.
Those plants are only about 8 weeks old and had no fertilizer at all but I think I might hit them with some 10-52-10 tonight to help them along some.

I haven't had mildew on them this year (knock on wood) but I did have it last year.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
Nice Chris! Looks like you have a lot more coming along. Soon you'll be buried!
Thank you,
I hope we are buried in them that would mean lots of Zucchini bread, and Zucchini Relish. We also add some small chunks of Zucchini to our Spaghetti Sauce we can.

Chris

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
berry_Bob said:
wsmoak said:
They look great! I'm jealous. I've lost *all* my summer squash to vine borers this year. :( -Wendy
X2
I hate to here about Squash Vine Borer.
Wendy,
You should be able to get a 2nd crop in and might not have to worry about the Squash Vine Borer.

Chris

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All mine got invaded with pickle worms. I pulled them all out and put in a few more seeds. It's going to be a long hot "fall" here in GA. I'm pulling out my cucumbers and replanted also. Might as well utilize the heat wave we've got going and extend my summer crops when I can.

Beautiful zucchini plants, I love the big yellow blooms and the large "elephant ear" leaves.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look happy and healthy, Chris. Definitely getting lots of sun and their own space. :)

wsmoak said:
They look great! I'm jealous. I've lost *all* my summer squash to vine borers this year. :( -Wendy
I've had a lot of problems with them this year too. I keep losing one here, one there. So far they haven't taken out all the plants in a single hill yet. I planted a huge variety of squash and pumpkins and I'm really hoping to get a little something off of each of them. :p

Latest posts