A Manner of Life and Death

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I figured everything out yesterday. Everyone seems to notice how they and their partner change after marriage; there's a very obvious reason for that: Shelshock. Just think. You're in love with your significant other, and then you finally get married. Imagine the woman's horror the first time she sees an unabridge beer belly. Never be the same again. And she begins to see various things, such as relaxed eating etiquette and the toilet seat thing. Or worse yet, stupid questions like 'Why does the bathtub smell like pee!?'. And we get just as much misery off of the woman, too. I mean, the shock of not being allowed to take neccesary cooling measures on hot days while she entertains the bridge club. My abs don't look that revolting. And they make us.... take baths occasionally..... :somad
So it's no wonder that people change after prolonged exposure to the opposite sex. In fact, I'm beginning to question if North and South are really so compatible. Some parts are pretty rocky. And if my wife's reading this, no, the paddle boats at McMurphy's is still for sale.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
How is your family of rare baby birdies doing today?

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Great, especcialy Hyram. He's perky. I think his mama was on Coffe beans when she laid his egg. :lol: Milly doesn't like to be held, but the two of them have imprinted on my hand and the follow my hands around when I'm doing anything in there brooder. Little Percy is all balanced and is figuring out how to exploit gravity and leverage to his little advantage. Verdie is just barely fluffied, and little Wilbur is still sticky and in the bator.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I was a single parent raising 2 girls for 15 years.

One day in prayer I asked the Lord what I could do to grow in my relationship with Him. He asked me if I would be willing to take on the discipline of a relationship. After several months of prayer he wore me down and I opened to the idea. 2 years later here I am married.

What a shock! I married a neanderthal!

That being said, I am enjoying getting to know God's character in a new way. AND watching the male has really dispelled a ton of fantasies that I can hardly believe I had. I want to write a book for young women to get their brains out of the clouds so they can really enjoy the opposite sex!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are a few of us Neanderthals still around.

It was very difficult for our ancestors, and only a very few made it through the gauntlet of time. My Neanderthal ancestor who did make it, made it by trickery. He sneaked up on the modern human camp, and when all the men decided to go on a Mammoth hunt, he went to the river and warshed up like the modern men. Even brushed his hair back! Then bold as can be, he walked right into the modern people's camp carrying a bunch of flowers. The modern women adored him immensly! Several of them!

And that's the story that has been handed down for 30,000 years, and is the reason we are not completely extinct. Neanderthal genes are recessive and in complex combinations, so there are very few of us who come out more than 50% Neanderthal. At 95% Neanderthal we get "the memories". At 100% Neanderthal we can't wear modern human hats. They aren't made right.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah, I lived with hubby for 2 years before we got married.... and I told myself the truth. "It is, what it is!"

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It does help if you live with a person first.

If your beliefs prevent that, try at least living as roommates for a while. Would you buy your wedding dress without trying it on first? Of course not! Why would you pick a mate without "trying it on" first? Doesn't mean you have to engage in activities that your spiritual or religious beliefs prohibit. But that's a person you have to share a space with for the rest of your life, and you better make sure you CAN before you take that vow. I think there would be less divorce if more people cohabitated before walkin' down the aisle.

Not being encumbered by such beliefs, this is the 3rd marriage for both my husband and myself, and we lived together for 2-1/2 years before we got married. In fact, I had no intention of ever marrying again, but then the right guy came along. You can love a lot of people, but marry for like. We moved in together because we had fallen in love; we got married because we had fallen in like. When you have to live with someone for the next 50 or 60 years, you better make sure you really like them.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well, I waited a long time and did a lot of personal development in those 15 years. We both spent time sizing each other up and then decided to COMMIT to each other, NO MATTER WHAT. That is the disipline of marriage. No way out, just get down to the business of making it work. And that is hard work and requires a lot of honesty about our own lack.

I am enjoying my journey. Ths was my second marriage. I'm not 20 so I had a little more grounded idea about the whole thing, but there were still some fantasies that had to come a tumblin' down.

I knew that my now husband would ultimately do ANYTHING to keep out relationship and make it healthy and that was enough for me. We really work at it. No good relationship is work free!

Latest posts