A New Direction

freedhardwoods

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A few months ago I disappeared from most of the forums I belong to. I may get back to being a part of this and other forums at some point. I still intend to put out a big garden, but I haven't got any kind of a routine yet, so I'll have to see how my time works out. Below is what I posted on one forum 3 months ago to let you see whats going on these days.

Things are changing really fast for my wife and I lately.

I had been looking at a new venture, but had decided against it for several reasons. Then a couple weeks ago, I got my life straightened out with God. I felt that I was supposed to pursue that venture and when I did, some of the things that held me back started falling in place.

Next week is my last week at the place I've worked for 6 years. One week ago I brought home what I truly believe God guided me to get for this next job. 2015 Dodge 3500 crew cab, dual wheel, 4x4, Cummins, with goose neck and bumper hitch. There are some features on that pickup that I didn't think were necessary, but have since found that they could be needed on some loads. God Knows what we need whether we do or not.

I live by a very large Amish community. They hire people to haul there stuff. Cabinets and new trailers make a large portion of what goes out of this area. Trailers mostly go to eastern states; cabinets go all over the US. There is a lot of cabinet short hauls as well as local (10+miles)work hauling just about anything.

On many of the short hauls, I will be the third man installing cabinets. Leave early morning, install, home that evening. There is a very large building going up right now for an Amish granite counter top business less than a mile from my house. I may pick up some of that work.

Right now,I don't know where my first load is coming from, and that is a little scary after buying that pickup and quitting my job. I have always held a tight control on my life and work, and I know that is why I've always had trouble staying right with God. I firmly believe He guided me to do this to learn how to trust Him.

I have only taken a half dozen Sundays off in the last 3 or 4 years. From now on, I'm not working any Sundays and I'll be going to church. It feels really strange just sitting here this morning not working.

After saying all that, there is more going on that is making us trust God more than ever. My wife found out that she has cancer again. They caught it very early and are very positive about treatments knocking it down, but as several of you know, it isn't something that anyone wants to go through.

There has been several times in the past that many of you asked for prayer and that wasn't a part of my life at the time. I am sorry for that now because I realize that is the most important thing we can do.

RAM 1.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It appears you are being pulled by the collar to this particular venture. Sounds like it was meant to be. We'll be pulling for you, and praying for your wife's recovery.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
And let us grasp firmly the confession of our hope and not waver, for he who has promised us is faithful. Heb.10:23

So blessed to read your post and have prayed for you and your family in this time of stepping out on the water. It's both scary and exhilarating, bringing a peace and joy that wouldn't be possible in this world if one were walking that path without Jesus.

Can't wait to hear more of this journey. :hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I'm sure you'll stay pretty busy so we'll know why if we don't see you around here much. I've had situations fall in my lap like that before too and knew without doubt it was God working in my life. So happy to hear you have put your trust in Him and are willing to follow where He takes you. He picked me up and turned me abruptly about-face too. Life with Him is way better than what I had in mind for myself! I will be praying for your wife's healing and your new job and trust that He will meet your every need. :)

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You're moving in the right direction obviously. The first steps are often the hardest but before you know it you'll be wondering how you ever got along before.

We're here when you need us and you know you have a whole lot of people cheering you on.

Sam BigDeer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Num. 6:24-26 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.. KJV
ISA. 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our inqsuities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed.. KJV
I pray these blessings upon you and your DW..
Sam

Latest posts