A potato from a tomato plant?

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
7434_img00288-20120723-1643.jpg

This popped up when I stuck a finger in a tomato bed checking on moisture level.
If we don't get a good crop of tomatoes maybe there will be a few more of these. Very strange indeed.:)

michael024

Sprout
Reaction score
lol ,you will find pomato or totato one day!
The mixture of potato and tomato :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Did you have potatoes planted there in previous seasons?! :/

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It had no leaves and this bed is new this year. I suppose it's because potato and tomato plants are related? It kind of goes with our hen that crows and the lactating goat that's never been bred. Weird things happen here every now and then. :D

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i thought i had seen an advertisement that there was a tomato/potato plant. not sure where or when i saw that but i guess it could be possible! got any pics of your 'tomato' plants? :p

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'll put up some current pictures tomorrow, right now we are getting the two dogs aquainted with the new puppy ( yes pictures of her tomorrow as well). :celebrate

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickie'sMomaInNH said:
i thought i had seen an advertisement that there was a tomato/potato plant. not sure where or when i saw that but i guess it could be possible! got any pics of your 'tomato' plants? :p
There is. It's usually called a topato and you get it by grafting a tomato onto the stem of a potato plant. They caused a stir among gardeners for awhile but unfortunately you get a small crop of both. The plant can't take up enough nourishment to support both crops.