A Rainy Night ;o)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's raining right now here. Hopefully it will not still be coming down tomorrow. So far I've managed to stay dry for all the fall cleanups, that's a first! :coolsun
One of my Thursday customers has a 100 year old horse chestnut tree. Last week we hauled off 460 pounds of leaves and chestnuts. I'm so glad my son was working with me, it's getting more tiring every year. Doing that in the cold rain is less than inspiring.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the first growing season that I can remember when I wasn't outdoors in the wind and rain getting soaked and being miserable for, at least, half a day.

Fog up your way this morning! I understand the Bitterroot Valley is socked in!

Great :/, Ice and Fog!

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What, you guys arent getting snow?? Nasty cold and miserable here, about 4-5 inches in town this AM, roads really crappy with the heavy wet rain and snow, then freeze. With more forecasted. :rant

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
What, you guys arent getting snow?? Nasty cold and miserable here, about 4-5 inches in town this AM, roads really crappy with the heavy wet rain and snow, then freeze. With more forecasted. :rant
Sorry Heather, I understand your disgruntlement with the weather :hugs unfortunately ( for you ) we took a vote and decided to send all our crappy stuff to Montana.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I used to have a tin roof on my cabin. There's something downright satisfying to being warm and dry while you listen to the rain pounding on a tin roof.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much of anything in the way of rain after no September rain.

I thought that it might be snowing a minute ago but it was just the hoar frost dropping off the trees :p. It is very, very foggy!

Yeah, 2/3rds of an inch of October rain so far but half fell that one night a week ago. Sprinkles aren't doing our trees & perennials much good as we go further into the cold weather. Perhaps it doesn't matter that the soil is very dry now since the plants are dormant. At least, snow melt shouldn't run off frozen ground next year when the soil is this dry . . . I guess. Now, to just get a good snow cover over the next few months.
snowflks_falling_lg_clr.gif

Steve

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There's been a lot of rejection (and dejection) going on in Montana, but its still cold and miserable! Not sure if its "supposed" to snow again tonight, but it sure seems like it!!

And Thistle, unless you got an absentee ballot, NO VOTING UNTIL NEXT WEEK!:lol:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
NwMtGardener said:
There's been a lot of rejection (and dejection) going on in Montana, but its still cold and miserable! Not sure if its "supposed" to snow again tonight, but it sure seems like it!!

And Thistle, unless you got an absentee ballot, NO VOTING UNTIL NEXT WEEK!:lol:
it was..............secret ...... ballot

Latest posts