A request, please

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Much of our timing and what we can do depends on our location, not just zones but regions, states, or countries. Might I suggest people modify their profiles to automatically show where they are located with every post, whether under "personal" so it shows to the left or "personality/signature" so it shows underneath. I think it is a nice personal touch, plus it sometimes helps understand your post.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is a good idea, Ridgerunner!

The best gardening ideas should come from over the backyard fence. The problem for most of us is that our neighbors don't have a clue . . .

Still, gardening even more than politics is local, local, local.

Now that I've used up my quota of clichs for the morning, I'll go on to other things . . . ;).

Steve

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
See Steve's location, under his avatar? That's not going to identify where he lives exactly, but it gives enough info that someone would know what growing zone he's in, and could tailor any replies to be pertinent to that area. That's all that's needed. I'm more specific, mainly because I just don't care about anonymity, as discussed in another thread, there isn't much nowadays. I just am very careful about what info I post - always.

Personally I'd make it mandatory to give at least zonal information in the profile, but since so many don't like stuff like that, it's up to us to make it easier for people to help us by providing the information, or make it a guessing game....;)

Latest posts