A surprise apricot!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We have two apricot trees in the garden that came with the property. Most years the blooms get zapped by frost at just the right moment or if they survive, the blackbirds eat all the fruit when it is still the size of a BB. Well saturday morning I found this on the ground under the tree. It had some blemishes but for the most part the one bite fruit was pretty good. :)
7434_garden_7-24-2011_020.jpg

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
YUMMY. I love apricots. Maybe this is the start and you will see more in the futher :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow Congrats on your apricot I bet it was good!. I have two apricot trees that haven't produced one apricot yet, and the tree is old enough to produce. I think it may be a pollination issue I hope I get some apricots next season, I can't wait anymore :fl .
Apricots are one of my favorite fruits.

Enjoy! ;)

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The tree is too big to protect the whole thing, but I think it would be worth covering up some branches from frost in the spring and then using some netting to protect the forming fruits. When I lived in Denver I had a neighbor who had a dwarf apricot tree and they didn't want the fruit so I ate all I could, still never had a better one than from that tree. Also we had a much smaller apricot tree that has since died, but there are several volunteers from the roots. Do you think if I singled out one from each group and gave it lots of TLC they could produce fruit? :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooooh, yum! LUCKY YOU!!! :)

Reminds me how excited I was to find peaches this year. :D

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Strasburg is about 30 miles east of Denver. If you blink as you drive through on I-70 you may miss it. :)

Latest posts